**Veda and I harvesting okra and beans. Photo by Colin.**
I'm so thankful for so many things. I try to make a point to write them down and really feel the gratitude in my bones. I normally do this in my journal, but sometimes I like to share them here. It's good to share "out loud."
Here are ten things I'm grateful for in this moment:
1. Working on illustrations for clients that are doing good things in the world.
2. Feeling so much healthier these days. I'm over my illness and am getting stronger each day. I was fortunate enough to meet Marie Manuchehri at Squam and she gave me some lovely insight into my health and well-being. If I hadn't gotten sick, I don't think I would have met her... I think it was a meeting for my greater good.
3. Time to read. My nightstand is full and beckoning.
4. Reaching out and being social. I tend to be a home-body. But twice this week I found myself picking up the phone to make play-dates with friends.
5. Homemade salad dressing. Sounds like a silly thing to be grateful for, but I'm in love with it. Equal parts lemon juice and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Yum.
6. Anticipating another Thai bodywork training module coming up in a few weeks. This'll be 3 modules under my belt. I'm definitely on the path.
7. Dream-boarding on Pinterest.
8. Loads of patience for parenting a head-strong three year old. I don't know where it's coming from, but I'm so very thankful that I seem to have reserve after reserve.
9. Doing something daily that is in line with my dreams/goals. Even if it's small (like 5 minutes meditating), I still count it.
10. Planting my fall garden (lettuces, broccoli, cabbage, etc) with no attachment to whether it grows or not. It was fun to just have the energy to push the dirt around and dig on hands and knees.