We are enjoying a few days of quiet at home between the holidays. Veda's first Christmas was wonderful... she opened a few gifts like a pro, took naps from all the excitement and donned her red velvet dress for the Christmas meal. I enjoyed it too, even though Colin and I both got sick as soon as we left the house and were unable to visit friends with kids (boo). In any case, the break was nice and welcome. I wanted to tell you about a few things real quick before the new year...
- The Wish*Full retreat that I mentioned in a previous post finally has the class listings and descriptions up here. I am teaching illustration 101: a creative practicum in illustration where I will walk through the basics of illustration, from the first initial contact to delivery of the final project. Students will work through an editorial project as a "hired" illustrator while also learning how to talk to art directors, tips on self-promotion, and how to generate ideas.
- I am finished with the personal piece I also mentioned in a previous post. I am happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to sharing that with you in early January. :)
- I also just posted two new pieces in the News section. Two holiday pieces.
- been really enjoying the habit blog. Been thinking of reformatting this blog a bit for 2010. Maybe, maybe not.
- thinking a lot about what I want to do in 2010... what I want to declare the year all about (like I did last year). I don't think I succeeded in my declaration last year. So I've been pondering and revising...
Wishing you a few quiet lovely days!