I like to picture the things I'm looking forward to as carrots dangling on the end of a string in front of a horse, making it walk forward, step after step. (And eventually the nice carrot dangler allows the horse to eat the carrot so it gets the reward.) Colin and I will often ask each other: "What are your carrots right now?" This seems like as good a time as any to share my carrots:
- Eventually unpacking all my books. I miss them terribly. It feels so good to live among filled bookshelves.
- Setting up my little sacred space in our future house. A quiet space where I can light a candle, meditate and let it all go.
- A retreat. An actual bona fide spiritual, take-care-of-yourself, gentle yoga retreat. I haven't signed up for one yet, but I am looking into it.
- Finding more space to write and share here.
- Feeling creative again. (My creativity still off camping on its own... but I think I see it on the horizon.)
- Eventually getting a king bed. I slept in one at a hotel once and it was a.w.e.s.o.m.e.
- Strawberry shortcake. I dunno... it just sounds good.
- Showing you some posters I've been keeping to sell... I really hope you'll love them.
What are your carrots right now? Do tell!