Boy, I'm behind on writing lately. I have so many posts in the wings, but I am once again finding it hard to keep up. The days and weeks seem to fly by and suddenly I look up and it's Friday. The current of life is lulling me gently forward... But lists are pretty easy. Here are a few things I'm grateful for right now:
- Hanging out with my new friend and kindred spirit, Brooke (she was my doula!). I went over to her house this morning and met a bunch of other mamas and babies. Felt really good to be with like-minded community and gab a while. :)
- Making Veda laugh with fake sneezes, real yawns (those are easy these days!), and nibbling on her chin. Oh, and bearded zerberts from Colin. Holy moses she loves that!
- Watching her experience her first dip in the lake... wading around and digging her toes into the sand. She loved it after the initial "what the heck is this?!" freak out.
- Her new johnny jump up. She doesn't quite jump up yet, per se. She more just leans and gnaws on the ropes. But she smiles as she gnaws, so whatever. :)
- Veda being 4 months old. She's SO much easier than she was as a newborn. Yay!
- Getting into a bedtime routine that helps her glide into sleep a little easier: bath, baby massage, nakey nakey play time, pjs, 2 books, bottle, lullabies, tuck in with a prayer and a kiss. (Then the crying ensues, but it's much shorter than it used to be!)
- pitching work. (Fingers crossed that I get it!)
- Remembering my "Inexpensive Adventures" project. It's really fun to read and do things off of this list... especially now that the economy is so bad. Fun can be cheap!
- Sewing a pair of pants for Veda. Um, I really didn't think I could do this, but I did. And it's not much in the "crafty mama" world, but I'm so proud of those pants!
- Joining a yoga class at the Y. And jumpstarting my home practice again. I want to write more on this later. But let me just say: Damn my body thanked me for this.
- getting Elle Decor in the mail. I love home design and am still bummed that Domino went under, but Elle Decor is still pretty fun to flip through.
- being penpals with my friend Gwen. I so look forward to her letters and love sneaking moments here and there to write her back. I "write" to her all the time in my head.
- Doing Leonie's e-course and decluttering and working on creating my altar this week.
- Looooong walks in the woods with Veda, Colin and Vince. Colin and I have really good conversations when we hit the trails.
* * * *
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. xo