The ever-inspiring Superhero, Andrea, has posted a two-part Mondo Beyondo prompt. And at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it publicly because I've already done a lot of journaling about where I am and where I want to go. But then I thought: what the hell. It will probably stir up some magic universe dust (hello california!) if I declare it from a mountaintop (my blog). hee. So here we go. (You are welcome to post your answers here or at Andrea's if you want to shout it out too!)
1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007? (What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)
I want to give myself credit for really taking control of my health and well-being... making it a whole lifestyle change, and not just a bandaid change. I eat vegetarian now and choose my food wisely (whole grains, balanced meals, organic foods). I took control of my hypoglycemia and no longer feel sick or dizzy all the time. I walk every day, even if it's just a brisk powerwalk around the neighborhood. I practice yoga regularly. I meditate. And I take care of myself on a daily basis, before I start my day's to-do's because that puts me first, and not my work. I am more centered.
I also want to hold myself up for starting to discover what spirituality means in my life. Making my own definition based on what works and feels right in my life. It feels good to get back to this after feeling such a void for so long.
And lastly, I give myself a toot-toot! for kicking ass in my business this year. I worked with a lot of great clients on a lot of fun assignments and am very grateful for those opportunities. And I want to acknowledge that I worked my booty off, was tactful when I needed to be, and celebrated my successes when I had reason to. :)
2. What is there to grieve about 2007? (What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)
I forgive myself for my rush and not being present during certain low points of 2007. The times when I'd wished I'd had a fast-forward button, instead of looking for what the hard times had to teach me. I also grieve for my sanity when I was getting ready for the solo show. That was not a pleasant time for me and I kind of lost it. I forgive myself for being a complete nut during that time.
3. The final step is to consider your primary focus for the year to come. What is your primary intention or theme for 2008? Is it the year of joy? the year of self-care? the year of partnership? Stand up and say it proud, "2008 is my year of...."
2008 is my year of simplicity and whole-heartedness! * * *
And for part two: Mondo Beyondo list. What are the things you are wanting to manifest that are almost too scary to even write down? The ones that elicit a gremlin response of "You can't have that!" or "Who are you to ask for that?" or "Fat chance. That will never happen". This is the list of things that are SO JUICY and unlikely to happen that you are afraid to even write them down. This might be the most important list of all!:
My Mondo Beyondo list:
- To become a totally centered, wise, spiritual woman. And feel connected to God/that force at all times.
- To buy a perfect-sized, energy efficient, comfortably affordable, feels-so-good house in the woods and/or on a lake in northern indiana. A house that feels like it's part of nature and therefore allows me to be more a part of it too. I want long walks in the woods, discovering natural sculpture, dirty knees, swimming free, daily bonfires, feeling connected to the earth.
- To have my husband working from home with me as a creative team... sharing ideas, carrying out projects, inspiring each other, living simply all the while.
- To live more self-sufficiently by growing a big garden and eating all the veggies I grow!
- To have a baby.
- To recognize the simple beauty and huge importance of everyday life.
- To only possess the things I love or use regularly.
- To feel tightly connected to all my girlfriends.
- To rock out on fine art and illustration. Truly feeling that artistic surge. To embody creativity in my open, able-to-get-messy, big-window-havin' studio. Papers and paintings in progress tacked to the wall... ideas flowing freely... the ability to get them out easily and plainly. To feel how fun art is!
- Care for myself even better. Regularly massages, stress-relieving acupuncture (I've never tried that!), and mindful living.
- Become a better writer.
- Write that book! (what book? I don't know. I want the idea to find me!)
- To live bravely and boldy and daringly and wholeheartedly and simply. To have fun! To look fear in the face and move beyond it because I know I am powerful and creative and will always find a way.
That's not too much to ask, is it? Probably. But that's exactly what Mondo Beyondo is all about. It felt so good to shout it here! Here I come 2008!